Thursday, July 21, 2011

{Tasty Thursday} Banana Cake

It is my birthday today and so what way better to celebrate than with a cake!
I absolutely love banana flavored things! And I love this banana cake! It is super easy too :)

Lets start!


Ingredients for the cake
  • 1 yellow cake mix
  • 1 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. oil 
  • 1/4 c. applesauce
  • 4 eggs 
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 really ripe bananas 

Mix all ingredients together in a mixer till it is a smooth texture. Pour mixture on a greased and flour  9X13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


While the cake is baking you can make this yummy frosting...

Ingredients for the frosting
  • 1 package of cream cheese
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 1/2 - 2 c. powdered sugar
  • 1/4 c. evaporated milk
    Mix the ingredients using electric hand beaters. 

    When you cake is cooled, frost the cake and you are done! 
    If you want you can sprinkle chopped pecans on top for the finishing touch!

    Linking up here!

      6 comments:

      1. Happy Birthday Shianne! Hope you had a fantastic day! :) Mmmm...the cake looks SO yummy! Banana is one of my FAVORITE flavors too. I'll definitely have to give this recipe a try!

        ReplyDelete
      2. Coming to you via Sassy Sites! Happy birthday and the cake looks delish!

        ReplyDelete
      3. That looks so good. Happy Birthday!

        ReplyDelete
      4. Cute Blog!! I am your newest follower checking you out from Sassy Sites. You can see my blog here if you'd like:)
        http://www.trashtotreasure-dominguezfam.blogspot.com//

        ReplyDelete
      5. I have about 6 brown bananas I need to use up ASAP. I'm trying to find something that sounds good and this cake sounds delicious!

        ReplyDelete
      6. Ok...this looks delish! Very cute blog! I am your newest follower. I would love it if you would check out my blog and become my newest follower! Oh, I also have a giveaway going on now too! AND... Happy Birthday a few days late!

        Have a great day!

        Kirsten

        ReplyDelete

      Show a little love and leave a comment!

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...