Friday, June 3, 2011

Feature Friday {Brielle Design}

Now every Friday is {Feature Friday}!! Yipee! :)
If you are wanting to be featured, learn more here.

To start us off is my friend Brittany. She is a talented designer, and sells super cute stuff!

I love her wall prints especially!

And look at this adorable necklace!


Take it away Brittany!

Hello there! My name is Brittany and I'm the creator of {brielle} design! First, here's just a little bit about me!
About the {designer}: I am a college going, life loving, picture taking, graphic designing, cereal eating, adventure playing, happy girl ♥




About {brielle}: Brielle Design began when I simply decided to make a fabric necklace on a rainy day. I posted the picture on Facebook and suddenly had many necklace and hair clip requests! My love for design grew and grew which led me to starting a blog and an etsy shop!For this guest post I decided to show you all a banner I created for one of my friend's wedding receptions! It was surprisingly really easy and a TON of fun to make!


 
1. Measure and cut out the coordinating number of triangles with the number of letters you are spelling. TIP: The shape of the 12x12 is your best friend :) Depending on the size of your banner, you can just snip off a corner of the paper and voila! you have a perfect triangle!
2. I layered each of my triangles with three to four layers. Next, cut the 2nd, 3rd and 4th layers making each triangle slightly smaller than the one before. TIP: To add a little bit of style, get a pair of design scissors and cut the edges for a fun look!
3. Next I used a circle punch and went to town on punching our circles! Then I stapled the circles onto a strip of ribbon. (About 10-15 circles per strip of ribbon) TIP: Alternate colors, but don't do an exact pattern because it is fun when it is not super matchy matchy.4. Here's where your creativity comes in to play and you get to decorate each letter however you want to! :) Let your imagine go wild, flip through magazines for ideas or see some of my ideas below!


I tried to keep each triangle cute, yet simple because when you put all the triangles together, you don't want it to be too busy! Can you tell from the pictures that I love using any type of fabric flower?! :)
5. Once each triangle is decorated and embellished, punch a small hole on each top corner and string a very long piece of ribbon trough the holes. This will hold your triangles in place, but allows you to still move them around and space them exactly how you want!

Tada! You've now finished your own personalized event banner! For more ideas, here are a few more pictures of another banner I made for my sister's 18th birthday a few months ago.

TIP: Add pictures to your banner to make it personalized!

If you have any questions feel free to visit my blog and contact me! You can also see more of my brielle designs on my etsy shop or my Facebook page! Feel free to become a follower of my blog and spread the brielle love! There may be a special incentive for those of you who become a  follower...a giveaway perhaps? :) Thanks for stopping by, I hope to "meet" you all in the blogosphere soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show a little love and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...