Friday, June 10, 2011

Feature Friday {Just Sew Sassy}

I am so excited to introduce some more friends and their adorable blog! 

Staci and Marina at Just Sew Sassy!

They make the cutest things ever....

from flirty aprons

to adorable bib necklaces

Isn't this adorable?!?!


and on their blog they always are featuring yummy recipes and cute tutorials!

Yum! Cheesecake :)

Take it away girls!

Hello all you fabulous readers of Flower Frenzy Creations!! We're super excited to be posting here today:) We LOVE this blog, and feel honored to have been given the opportunity to share a little somethin somethin with you!!

We're Staci and Marina from Just Sew Sassy, Come by and say hi sometime, we would love to have you over!!






Allow us to introduce...

I'm Staci.


I've been married 7 years to a man I met in Bolivia. You know, just some man. J/K!! We were missionaries together over in the Santa Cruz Bolivia mission. I'm now a barely sane SAHM of three darling kiddos 6yrs and younger. Crafty things make me happy, and are probably what help me keep my sanity.

 

And I'm Marina,

I have been married for 9 years to my amazing supportive husband. I have two little girls that are the inspiration behind most of my crafty attempts. We are two best friends that love to blog, sew and create...


 

Shianne asked us to share a tutorial with you all today, so let's do it!!!
My 6 yr-old was my inspiration for this project. She is constantly drawing pictures, and COLLECTING them. We have her "creations" all over the house, including one of the walls in her newly decorated room...


So I thought it would be fun to create an open frame gallery for her to display all her artwork.


Here's what you'll need:

  • a bunch of old frames
  • can of spray paint
  • hammer and nails
  • newspaper and area to spray your frames

Step 1:
Take all the glass and backs out of your frames. We just went through our storage room and I found all kinds of old frames down there, (score!!) Wipe them clean.

Step 2:
Lay out all the newspaper on a hard surface (I used my garage floor). Spread all the frames out on the newspaper.


Cover the frames with one coat of spray paint. Wait a couple of hours. Spray a second coat of paint on the frames.


Allow to dry for 12-24 hours.

Step 3:

Decide how you would like to hang your gallery.


I started with the largest frame, and hung it in the middle of the wall. I used that as my focal point to hang the rest of the frames around it.


Step 4:

You can leave the gallery open if you'd like, or you can use it to display your kids' artwork.


Thanks so much for having us Shianne!!!


Hope you guys had fun with us today! We'd love for you to come by and say hi sometime. We have new TUTORIALS every Tuesday!

This month we're also hosting an entire month of giveaways to celebrate 1 year of blogging!! Woohoo!!!

Come enter to win some fabulous prizes, including something from our very own Shianne:) Have a fun summer everyone!!


1 comment:

Show a little love and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...