Tuesday, June 14, 2011

{Tutorial} Rosette & Ruffle T-Shirt

I am so excited to do my first tutorial ever!


Supplies needed...
  • 2 shirts
  • hot glue/fabric glue (for the rosettes)
  • Sewing Machine (for the ruffles)
  • Thread and needle (to sew the rosettes on)
  • Fabric Scissors

To start off, grab two t-shirts, they can be exactly the same (like I did) or different colors. 
I grabbed these shirts are Rue 21 for only $3.00 each!



First thing you want to do is take one of the shirts that you are going to cut up for the rosettes. Depending on your fabric and how stretchy it is you will need about 13-25″ long. For the smaller rosettes it usually it about 15" and the bigger one is usually 25″. Like I said, it depends on your fabric! It is always better to cut more than too little. For the width, I like 1.5"! Here or here  (thanks to pinterest) are great, easy tutorials I found just recently the explains how to make rosettes like mine.

I made one 25″X1.5" one and two 15″X1.5"

Now onto the ruffles....

Because my fabric was pretty stretchy, when I cut it, it curled up a little. So I cut it a little wider than normal.



I cut a piece of the shirt/fabric 2.5" wide and left it folded (just like the shirt is when you cut it off). I cut one of the sides seam after so my shirt/fabric ended up being 33" long.

Next I sewed a very loose seam along of the edges of the two strips and pulled the seams to create a ruffle. Just play with the ruffle a little bit to get it how you like.



I pulled the fabric a little bit more out for the bottom ruffle.

 
And I created a little tighter ruffle for the top layer




And you are done! 



Also don't forget to enter the Jamberry Nails Giveaway
and I am still looking for more blogs to feature!


Getting the word out there!!

Tip 
Junkie handmade projectsCreative ItchJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!
Dragonfly DesignsFantabulous Friday!






7 comments:

  1. Love the rosettes and your finished project! Very cute and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ruffles and the rosettes! Great work!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out sooo cut Shi!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!!! I just might have to give it a try...This may be my "Summer of Sewing". :)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit! and for grabbing the button too - much appreciated!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great way to dress up a plain tee! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Show a little love and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...