Thursday, June 23, 2011

{Tasty Thursday} Homemade Twix Bar

I have decided to start {Tasty Thursday} because I LOVE food! A way to my heart is not through gifts but through food :)
So I will be sharing some of my favorite, easy, and yummy recipes.
I mean they have to be pretty easy, seeing that I am only 14 years old...

 Let's get started!

As I was browsing Pinterest I came across a couple recipes for Homemade Twix bars and I LOVE Twix! So I choose the easiest one I found and it was at Sweet Details, but the recipe didn't really tell you what to do exactly. So I am going to tell you what I did and how to improve the recipe.



Crust/Base:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (melted)

 Mix together all three ingredients in a mixing bowl using a wooden spoon till it is mixed together. Put it in any size pan (I used 8X8), depending how thick/tall you want your bar to be. Make sure to use the back of a  spoon or your hands to push it down to create a crust. Bake in the oven for 20 mins on 325 degrees (300 degrees convection).

while the crust is cooking work on the filling...
Carmel-like Filling
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp Corn Syrup
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup brown sugar

Put all ingredients in a pot (with sides), stirring constantly till boil. When it begins to boil reduce heat to low and stir for about 5 mins. Pour over the crust and let it cool down (I put it in the fridge for an hour or so).

Chocolate Topping
100g (1 full size bar) cadbury milk chocolate (or any other chocolate you would like)

Melt your chocolate and pour over the crust and filling, let that cool. 
I stuck it in the freezer cause I couldn't wait...haha.
*I put it in the fridge after eating it so the chocolate wouldn't 
melt and it would stay together and to make it a little crunchy!*


It turned out so good and yummy! And it was super easy to make.
I will definitely be making this again!

3 comments:

  1. oh yum!! Wish I had some of this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not very often that I see a recipe that makes me drool, but this did! I immediately went thru the list of ingredients in my head to see if I had them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this features on some sides, and I drool every time :) Love this, thanks for sharing!

    Come see me at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

    ReplyDelete

Show a little love and leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...